20.6.08

China Envy...

I love this china setting - I know that makes me sound like a granny (sorry G Barb) but it is just so chic, while still, perfectly classic....

Its called the White Plain Signature series by Royal Copenhagen.

This dinner setting has been created with the familiar blues and greens of the Royal Copenhagen back stamp, to appeal to the younger generation of buyers. It is the same stamp that can be seen on the bottom of every piece of porcelain from the factory in Denmark.

I think they have done a pretty good job with their market research - I have certainly been appealed to! The price may put you off though - it's fairly steep - around $68 a plate.....

Might have to save up a bit....hold on a sec....that is why VISA was invented....

Interesting fact.....
The ribbed edge is a design element that existed as early as 1775, and named Musselmalet because the Danes thought it looked like the ribbed surface of a mussel shell....

How very educational of me!

2 comments:

  1. absolutely loving your blog! You have a beautiful eye for great design. Lovely posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your a darling, thanks so much! It is so much more fun than my real job that's for sure xx

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx