19.6.08

Modern Traditionalist....

This room rocks!

Quite a bit more modern than I normally go for; it's modern/traditional, has many contrasting and complementing elements, but this is why it works.

The art work is standout-sublime......just words on a canvas, simple and graphic - it's the varying grey tones that make it interesting...and the fact that it's absolutely huge!

And everything is better with the addition of a little bit of stripes. The muted fabric on these gorgeous wing backs provides vertical draw, contrasting nicely with the horizontal lines of the painting.

Then add a little bunch of pink flowers with a horizontal stack of books.....

Styled to perfection x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your praise on my blog - I'm so glad you left a comment so I could come visit. I love all of your pics and I'll hurry 'home' and add you to my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovely thankyou! It is wonderful to make blogging friends on the other side of the world, will watch your blog with baited breath xx

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx