9.7.08

Boudoir ...

Five very different bedrooms ... all equally as lovely ...


This room is monotone chic with some rare feminine moments in the bolero lamp and the oversized mirror. Gorgeous architectural detail prevails in the little shelf up above near the dormer, a lovely spot for a few books and carefully edited props. This owner is a sharp mind with no need for frivolous distractions ... and a great eye for crisp lines ...

This room is very Lucy ...


We go now to a vampy boudoir ... detail is most evident in the reflective surfaces of the mirrored chest of drawers, quilted satin throw and shiny silvered lamp. Imagine this room at night lit by candles ... ripe for seduction ...

Very very Alicia ...


Super feminine and plush ... this bedroom is lush and opulent but still quietly serene ... the person who lives here is worldly and intelligent and not afraid to express her authentic self in her private surroundings ...

How very Georgie xx

Here quirky, eclectic and individual elements clash in perfect fashion ... this owner is always one to rock the boat ... mix and match linens, mismatched bedside tables and a random collection of similarly framed artwork pull this room together beautifully ...

How very Pippa x



And finally ... classic simplicity. Crisp white linens, box shades and muted pastels are sophisticated and gently bold. I love those french doors ... but surely there are shades to keep out prying eyes ... This would be a lovely room to escape to when the rest of the world is chaotic around you ... a sanctuary ... a haven ...

How very Kim ...

Photos thanks to House to Home, Colour and Design, and Daniel Farmer

5 comments:

  1. Excellent! so you are telling me when I get home from work my room will look like this? fabulous! he he. thanks heaps - and you got all the personalities to perfection - my favourite post yet (and noooo, not just because you gave me a cool room!!! he he) - i think i would want to have pip's room but would end up with my room - you know how it is appreciate the look of one but you return to your own. what about your room??? please post on your room xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Emma - I don't want just one of these boudoir beauties, but I want to experience all of them on subsequent nights!!

    Opened my latest copy of SALife tonight to see you & the gorgeous Miss Kimberlee smiling back at me!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. How embarrasing that we got in SA Life Millie - I was hoping no-one would see! But so happy to be a part of Bec's STUNNING wedding, it was a fabulous night xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second to last bedroom! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Yay Yay. I love my room. You've got it perfectly spot on. Right down to a round mirror - how i love them. And, all those books and that exposed brick, I'll move my stuff in now thank-you

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx