10.7.08

Paper Art ...


Reading through old magazines is one of my very favourite past times ... you never know when you are going to stumble across something gorgeous that you didn't see the first time around ...

Happily, last week I did some stumbling and found these fabulous paper accessories in an old Martha Weddings ...

Denise Sharp, the owner of Studio D Sharp, lovingly creates these divine pieces for holidays, events, birthdays and weddings. Martha featured the wedding cake finial, but I covet these other pieces equally as much.

My gorgeous brother Ben is a genius pianist (he has no idea how good he really is - makes me cry when he plays) and architecture student and I think one of the Arc de Triomphe or Colosseum boxes would really tickle his fancy.

He loves boxes - before I moved I reorganised/decorated his gigantic bedroom and organised of all his beautiful wooden boxes on his chest at the end of the room as a really eye catching display. They are mostly empty but he loves them none the less.

I think one of these would look beautiful displayed with the amazing architectural models he makes - I wonder how his lecturers would feel if he started to make things out of sheet music ...

Be sure to check out the letterpress line at Denise's Etsy shop and her lovely Blog too xx

8 comments:

  1. oh emmy - how on earth do you always find this stunning stunning stuff! these are GORGEOUS - have never seen them before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I especially love Colloseum and Arc du Triomphe. Trying to fugure out exactly how someone made them. Used to love making things out of paper but these are just ... well, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Kim, I get great value from re-reading magazines year after year! They are just a total pain when I move house all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See Kim, I get great value from re-reading magazines year after year! They are just a total pain when I move house all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I was supposed to be going to bed, but had to see what you have been up to. I will look at that site for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOo I think i saw that Martha too. i want a paper crown. Its the only type of tiara you'll find on this little princess's head (although that's not strictly true - there has been many a Hungry Jack's one on there)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowza! seriously amazing talent there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely paper art - swoon!

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx