2.7.08

Thistle love ...


This spectacular wallpaper, Thistle in extra wide, is by the wildly famous Timorous Beasties


Set up in 1990, these Scottish blokes met after studying textile design at the Glasgow School of Art together. Their strong collaboration has been evident ever since.


Once described as "William Morris on acid", their work has been regularly published in interior design magazines, and is attention grabbing because of their literal interpretations of traditional themes ... see the website for more.


While this is one of the more classic designs, I love that is is essentially weeds! Lone panels hung in stripes around a bedroom would be stunning, or perhaps 'framed' in a bathroom ... x

1 comment:

  1. STUNNING! I want in my mini hallway/entrance hall (i'm going to call that little area inside the front door of my place that anyway!) - except I keep finding wallpaper i want for that area, i'm going to have to have them on rotation! please don't find anymore or i'll be in more trouble!

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx