12.8.08

Shelved ...


This picture is from a Martha from some time ago but it is one that I have always loved ...
It is pretty but whimsical and just the look I am going for in my living room ...
I was thinking that the half-height bookshelf that I bought on my recent travels would look best with a big mirror propped on top and one of my new lamps in front, but seeing this again makes me lean towards installing a simple shelf ...
Tricky decision ... the living room is by no means dark, in fact, the one redeeming feature is that it has lots of natural light pouring in ... a scrubby old mirror is not necessary but would sure look pretty ...
But I do love a prop shelf - I would likely get into lots of trouble from the maintenance man who lives downstairs if he hears me drilling something though ...
Decisions decisions ...

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of a prop shelf Emma - maybe you could do the drilling when he's out of earshot. Would a bribe ease his possible pain?
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of 'trouble' Em?.... he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, you can get shelving that requires no drilling. I am not 100% certain how they work though I have a friend that used them in her rental, they didn't leave a mark!

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx