3.11.08

A Shoe In ...

Lets start the week off on an extravagant note ...

This is such an exciting house!
While it is not in keeping with the 'white' theme, it certainly deserves a mention as it fits in with my love of warehouses ....

This guy, antiques dealer Richard Kazarian, stumbled upon this abandoned shoe store in Pawtucket, Rhode Island and immediately thought it would make a wonderful home ...

How right he was ...

I am very much in love with this room....
He thought it was important to put in a contemporary staircase in such an old space and I do agree it is successful ...
Don't you just love that shiny floor? And the skylight above letting all that light pour in?


I love this wall of bookshelves ... always a fan ...
but jeepers does this guy have a lot of props to fill them up!
Note the perfect track lights ...


More fabulous props ... and some lovely branches of course!


This is my favourite room I think ... I simply love unfitted kitchens and think they usually look much more interesting ...
That bench down the middle reminds me of my old studio ... and I love the chandelier made of an old bottle rack ... ingenious ...


And I really don't mind the dark walls in this house - I think they perfectly set off the antique collection and certainly lend a masculine vibe ...
What a lovely check trunk ...
And who doesn't have a casually propped set of vintage keys around the house ...?


Things get lighter upstairs ... I think he does need a bed with a bit more presence though ... and do books go in that bird-bath?
I do love the clear chair in the foreground ...


Here are the steps up to the terrace ... they seem to draw you outside ...
I always love those industrial windows ...

Wouldn't this be lovely in an evening ...
How appropriate that you can look out over the other warehouses as you sip a glass of Moet ...

I wounder if it is up for sale ...
I might repaint a little bit ... but warehouse living is my dream ... I will get there one day!

Architectural Digest of course ...

10 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,
    Have just found your blog & really love it, it is a real credit to you. Hey I see you are a Def Leppard fan (I did not think there were many out there like me!) I am going to catch them in concert Thursday night at Newcastle, cannot wait!
    Hope you have a great day

    Lyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! thanx for the extravagance post, loving it ;) what a dream home. the image with the vintage keys is swimming in my head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible!!!!! I love seeing something like that, it is very handsome. Thanks for sharing, HEidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O My jaw just dropped. What an amazing, converstion, an amazing collection and a beautiful home on the whole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually prefer a bit more light but I must admit the darkness really suits this warehouse - it looks amazing! What a fabulous collection of "stuff" this guy has. Would love to spend a day in there checking it all out. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great space Emma. I would love to see some photos of your loft...sounds great and I always think about your love of warehouses whenever I see one.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful blend of elements -- there's a masculine feel, and yet parts are enveloped by light and greenery and nautical themes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY WOW!!! I'm off to look at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May I inform you , my dear twinnie, that whwn you get warehouse ,like this that we will not be toasting it with Moet, it will be the 1996 Krug Clos de Mesnil....bubbles from heaven! You do then interiors, props, clothes, puggies, bunting, parties, flowers, lighting and gardens and leave me to my only talent....the wine list! xxx Huggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an incredible house!! I just found your blog today and love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx