11.12.08

Fly Away ...

I stumbled upon this stunning and affordable art over at Elle Decoration ...
Nice to find something, that as Pip says, satisfies the 'Wander' part of White & Wander ...

The design group is called Air Lines ...
They have created these works of art depicting every flight around the world on any particular day, tracking their route from point of origin to their destination ...
You can buy it with or without the world outline, and also in reverse ...

(Am science nerd and think this kind of looks like brain electron microscopy of axons and dendrites - still very cool ...)

The best part is that the are huge and only US$38 each or as a holiday special US$90 for all 3!
I can't think of a piece of art I want more ...

Might have to buy as an early Chrissy prezzie for .... me!

5 comments:

  1. oh I LOVE this! simple colours & lines, love the story behind it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I reckon I've flown every one of those routes over the past 20 years! What amazing creativity & yes, you seriously need these prints Emm, they've got your style stamped all over them.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi what an interesting idea, to make art from the airplane route:-


    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Gunilla in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these bookmarked too! I think they are so incredible and want one so much, but I haven't yet decide what one I wanted most.

    You've been working hard and now you have to do a cross-country move; I think you definitely deserve them as an early Christmas prezzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these prints! I always pour over the maps in the inflight magazines and imagine where I will go next... this way I can do it at home as well! This website is also interesting (http://flightaware.com/live/), while not art, it is pretty shocking to see how many planes are in the air right now...

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx