13.7.09

Set Design ...

I have been too embarrassed to say this until now ... but I am a massive Twilight fan!
Having a lovely weekend at home redecorating and moving props around, I had it on in the background because I love the soundtrack but stopped to sit down and take notes on Edward's bedroom - I had missed the subtle details earlier (clearly distracted by his handsomeness) and was very impressed when I looked more closely ...
He has one of these awesome Sapien bookcases from DWR ... along with Ghosts, this is one of the few designer pieces I would consider buying - I have the perfect spot in my room in fact!
Next designer fabulousness is a white leather Barcelona couch (he doesn't sleep so can apparently just get away with the chaise!)

And to top it all off the man has a walnut Eames DCM! I would kill to get my hands on one of these ... just one to pull up to my desk is all I would ever need!

Along with these impressive details, there are stacks of old books and great works of art, and the architecture itself is also just glorious- massive french doors, lots of glass and lots of white. I was really impressed with the subtle details - a round of applause for the set decorator, Gene Serdena.

First shot from AT!

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm actually ashamed to say that I haven't seen the film or heard the soundtrack yet (I'll have to rectify this oversight very, very soon), but I'm with you, I'd love to have one of those Sapien bookshelves. Great post! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is not the sort of confession anyone older than say, 17 (?!) should make, but you're not alone!! lol. Have you listened to the actor/director commentary on the dvd? They talk about Edward's room quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 13, 2009

    I am so glad you are back blogging - I missed your entries. Your style is the closest thing I've found to mine so I feel like a bit of a kindred spirit. Look forward to reading more about your new life and home. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romana! I can't believe I hadn't seen that bit on the directors DVD - am home with a cold today so I watched it and the naughty buggers had cut the extended scene! Great tip, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a bit embarrassed to say i'm a huge fan too, and love edward! but you are right, he does have great design taste!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I confess, I was at a friends blog and saw the twilight picture in their sidebar and had to come have a look. (okay you squeezed it outa me ... I'm a fan shhh)

    ps nice site too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Cullen House is actually here in my town--Portland, OR USA. You can see more of the interiors (sans actors and props) of the real house on my blog...search the archive for "Twilight House". :)

    Your blog is divine...will follow, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Us closet Twilight fans have to stick together! I too was a huge fan of the house, though it will be interesting to see how the 'new' house in the subsequent films compares. A little strange that they changed location and, from the initial photos I've seen, completely changed the house too...so time will tell how it holds up!

    P.S. Took a few photos for you the other day...a gorgeous vintage drum, ooh la la! I'll post it soon and let you know!

    xx Kit

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx