27.7.09

Wicked ...

Had the most amazing experience this weekend - went to see Wicked with my sister, and it was truly wicked!

I am not sure if I have let on before just how much I am completely obsessed with musicals and every time I leave a theater, I just desperately want to work there! behind the scenes of course but I could work on set design and costumes all day and be a happy, happy girl ...

Perhaps this is the turn my career should take? Who knows, but I will definitely be seeing it again for some more inspiration...

The music is fabulous, and the set is truly extravagant - a few scenes are flooded with millions of fairy lights which made me gasp, but the rest you will have to see for yourself - highly recommended xx

6 comments:

  1. maybe we can go when I'm in Melbs in a couple of weeks??.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Emma, we have SO much in common! I've always loved musicals and used to do them in school. I secretly always wanted to be a Broadway star(!) I just came back from New York where I saw "Next to Normal." If you like musicals, I highly recommend it when it makes its way down to you. It was truly one of the best shows I've ever seen. I loved Wicked too. I saw it on Broadway with the original cast and I even have the cast recording and a t-shirt. Okay, having disclosed way too much embarrassing information, I will leave you (while humming "Popular" to myself)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an incredible play!!! I couldn't get the songs out of my head for weeks afterwards. Anytime I see a Broadway show, I always leave feeling as though I, too, can dance and sing like the professionals. And now that you've reminded me of Wicked, I have "Popular" stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Wicked this weekend as well! It was playing in Tulsa, Oklahoma this weekend so we went to see it!

    Isn't it wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Wicked a few years ago and was completely entertained. It was an amazing production!

    Like you, I am totally absorbed by theatre and, should I ever win the lottery, will be a Broadway season ticket holder.

    Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did someone say Tulsa? I'm in OKC!
    OK, my daughter loves musicals - I've got to take her!

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx