12.8.11

Puppy Love ...

I'm a massive dog lover - no secret there!

Today I discovered a type of dog that I've never seen before - a Leonberger called Bruce.

I was walking back from my car when I spotted him so I chased after the owner so I could pat him (the dog, not the owner...). He was very cute and dopey, super gentle and shy, and absolutely humungous! Made Mr H look like a girl dog even though he is quite big for a Golden Retriever... and Bruce was only 6 months old!

One more puppy to add to the list for when I have a house with a backyard!

Happy weekend dear friends xx

4 comments:

  1. *** Hi, Emma!

    This note is from ANOTHER, BIIIIG-TIME animal lover~~~ When I saw precious "baby Bruce" here, I knew I HAD to tell you what LOVE-BUGS they truly are!!

    Our friends, who recently moved to another state, have three (count em'~~~ 3!) Leonbergers... each is an ABSOLUTE SWEETHEART, "B*I*G n' HAIRY", VERY LOVEY-DOVEY and VERY SMART!!! I just adore them to pieces!!! (Well, of course I ADORE O*U*R German Shorthaired Pointers more than anything in the world, tho!)...

    Come to think of it, it's time for "Auntie Linda" to give them a call in Alabama (the "parents", not the dogs... they just get sent a hug!!!)...

    This made me smile, so THANK YOU!

    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add me to the list of dog lovers, too! This little "big" guy is adorable! I have only seen one Leonberger dog so far, & he was still a puppy but HUGE. I have heard they are gentle giants & love everyone. Thanks for the picture of this guy... always enjoy seeing pics of dogs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I want to give him a big hug!

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx